FOUR STEPS TO PEACE WITH GOD
The Bible says that each person chooses his or her own way in life. Don’t you? This is a big problem, because our ways oppose Gods ways. That makes all of us enemies of God until we follow these four steps to peace with God.
Just 4 steps to peace with an awesome God…
*This Gospel presentation is loosely based on a tract by Billy Graham. We have retained the title but revised and expanded the text.
STEP 1: UNDERSTAND GOD’S PURPOSE
God loves you. He’s the ruler of the universe. You don’t deserve His love. You can’t earn His love. He’s just merciful, and wonderful.
God created you for a relationship with Him. Not because He’s needy, for He is complete. Instead, He purposes to make Himself known to you and through you.
God wants to give you abundant life. He doesn’t promise health, wealth, and prosperity. They don’t satisfy or last. Rather, in Him we can find enduring love, peace, joy, hope, and fulfillment.
- “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; what is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him?” (Psalm 8:3-4)
- “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14)
- “You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.” (Psalm 16:11)
- “I [Jesus] came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Why don’t most people experience this abundant life?
STEP 2: RECOGNIZE THE PROBLEM
God created us with free will. People aren’t robots. He didn’t program us to love or serve Him. Rather, He gave us the ability and freedom to choose between His ways and our own ways.
We prefer our own ways. The first man and woman chose to disobey God. Don’t blame them for this mess, though. We do the same thing every day.
Our ways lead to death. Our natural desires lead us away from God. This rebellion against God (sin) results in separation from Him during and after this life. Even things that seem good–religion, morality, and good works–are not good enough to save us.
- “Your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God.” (Isaiah 59:2)
- “Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4)
- “Therefore, as sin entered into the world through one man, and death through sin; and so death passed to all men, because all sinned.” (Romans 5:12)
- “There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” (Proverbs 14:12)
Is there any way out of this situation?
STEP 3: REALIZE THE SOLUTION
Jesus Christ died for you. He is God. He is sinless. He came to us as a man, and willingly died in the place of sinners. The Son took our guilt upon Himself so that we can be declared innocent by the Father.
Jesus Christ is alive. He didn’t stay dead; He came back. Since He lives, He can hear you and help you. Since He lives, He can stand before the Father on your behalf. As He was resurrected, everyone who follows Him will be given new life now, and eternal life later, too.
Salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone. Being “saved” means being forgiven of sin, reconciled to God, and inheriting eternal life. The Bible says that we can be saved only through faith in Jesus Christ. There is no other path to peace with God.
- “For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God.” (1 Peter 3:18)
- “Therefore He is always able to save those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them.” (Hebrews 7:25)
- “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:12)
- “And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
What are you waiting for?
STEP 4: CALL ON THE LORD!
Turn from your own way. God has shown us a better way. Turn to Christ.
Believe this Gospel. Believe that Jesus Christ is God, that He suffered and died for your sins, and that He rose again.
Find peace. Pray to God. Ask forgiveness. Receive salvation.
- “From that time Jesus began to preach and say, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ ” (Matthew 4:17)
- “He then brought them out and asked, ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ They replied, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.’ ” (Acts 16:30-31)
- “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9)
- “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1)
These are the 4 steps to peace with God: understand God’s purpose, recognize the problem, realize the solution, and call on the Lord to be saved.
Now what? Download your free copy of What is the Gospel? instantly! Read it. Save it. Share it.
1. Do you believe the Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ? Please see the following articles right away.
- The Sinner’s Prayer – If you believe the Gospel, pray to God right now!
- First Steps for New Christians – Follow these important next steps after getting saved.
2. Not sure? Don’t understand? Want to read more? Please view another Gospel presentation.
- The Romans Road – A few verses from the Book of Romans show the way to salvation.
- ABC Salvation – God’s plan of salvation is as simple as ABC.
- 4 Steps to Peace with God – God loves His enemies, including you; peace is possible.
- John 3:16 – One Bible verse captures the essence of the Gospel.
- G.O.S.P.E.L. Acronym – Learn what it means by looking at its letters.