ABC SALVATION: SALVATION AS SIMPLE AS ABC
Do you know your ABCs? Since you’re reading this, I’m going to assume the answer is “Yes.” But do you know the ABCs of Salvation?
The ABCs are fundamental. Usually, learning the alphabet is the first step in learning anything else. That’s why we call these the “ABCs of Salvation” or “Salvation in ABC”.
These are the three basic points (ABCs) of the Bible’s message about God, you, and the way to eternal life (salvation). Read them. Learn them. Apply them to your life right away. In other words, ABC ASAP!
*This Gospel presentation is a revised and expanded version of the typical version of ABCs of Salvation.
A = ADMIT
Admit that you’re a sinner and need forgiveness…
There is a God–one Creator and Ruler of the universe. He is perfect, holy, and worthy of worship. The Bible is a record of His words to mankind, and it says that all people have sinned.
This means we have not met God’s standard of moral purity. We have denied Him. We have broken His laws. We have made gods of ourselves by serving our own desires instead of Him.
As sinners, we are condemned to death. God cannot fellowship with evil; He must punish the guilty. So our sin separates us from God in this brief life and for eternity afterwards.
- “For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- “The soul who sins shall die.” (Ezekiel 18:4)
- “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on them, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.” (Isaiah 55:6-7)
B = BELIEVE
Believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead…
God is merciful and wants you to live. He doesn’t need anyone, but He loves you and wants you to know Him. So He stepped in to save us if we turn away from sin–repent–and turn toward Him.
Somebody had to suffer the just consequence of our sin. So He sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to take our punishment upon Himself. As God, He is perfect and deserved no punishment of His own. As a man, He was able to die in the place of guilty men (and women).
He submitted to death on the cross to pay our penalty. Thus, whoever believes on Him is cleared of guilt now. Then God raised Him from the dead. Thus, whoever believes on Him will be raised to eternal life later. Only through faith in this Gospel can we receive this gift.
- “The Lord is… not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
- “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
- “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures…” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- “Repent, and believe in the Gospel.” (Mark 1:15)
C = CONFESS
Confess your faith in Jesus Christ and His Lordship over your life…
As a sinner you need salvation but don’t deserve it and can’t earn it. In His mercy and great love He provided it for you. Now come to Christ to receive it.
God isn’t asking you merely to agree with these points; He’s saying you need a saving faith. Saving faith is total trust in a sinless Savior. Saving faith places God on the throne of your life. Saving faith says, “Take me, Lord. I’m yours.” This kind of faith, even a small faith at first, begins your new relationship with God almighty.
So confess these things to Him; tell Him openly. Tell Him that you know you’re a sinner. Tell Him that you believe He died for your sins and rose again. Tell Him that you want Him to be the Lord of your life. Then ask for His forgiveness.
- “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
- “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:8-9)
- “If you confess with your mouth that ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- “Then Jesus said to His disciples, ‘If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.’ ” (Matthew 16:24)
That’s the ABC of Salvation. Admit. Believe. Confess. Then you will be saved…
Now what? Download your free copy of What is the Gospel? instantly! Read it. Save it. Share it.
1. Do you believe the Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ? Please see the following articles right away.
- The Sinner’s Prayer – If you believe the Gospel, pray to God right now!
- First Steps for New Christians – Follow these important next steps after getting saved.
2. Not sure? Don’t understand? Want to read more? Please view another Gospel presentation.
- The Romans Road – A few verses from the Book of Romans show the way to salvation.
- ABC Salvation – God’s plan of salvation is as simple as ABC.
- 4 Steps to Peace with God – God loves His enemies, including you; peace is possible.
- John 3:16 – One Bible verse captures the essence of the Gospel.
- G.O.S.P.E.L. Acronym – Learn what it means by looking at its letters.