PRINTABLE DAILY BIBLE READING PLANS
Why should you download Christward Publishing’s free printable daily Bible reading plans? After all, you can read the Bible from cover to cover without them. Fair enough; any kind of daily scripture reading is good. However, there is more than one way to read through your Bible.
Bible reading schedules are popular for several reasons:
- You know what to read, instead of picking random passages.
- You know how long it will take, since it’s split into equal daily portions.
- Your study will be cohesive, since each day’s session relates to the prior session.
- Printable daily Bible reading plans show your progress, which is encouraging and helps you see the big picture.
There are many kinds of Bible reading plans. Common formats include one-year Bible reading plans, chronological Bible reading plans, and Bible reading plans for beginners. Each format can give us a better understanding of God’s word.
Venture outside of regular chapter and book order. Read about Christ’s ministry. Read Biblical history in the order it happened. Read the New Testament in a few months or read the Bible in a year. Our free printable daily Bible reading plans chart the way.
Simply click on a title to view and download a PDF version.
DAILY BIBLE PLANS – PRINTABLE PDF DOWNLOADS
- Bible Reading Chart – Download this printable Bible reading chart. It lists all books and chapters in order. Cross off each one as you read through the Bible, to track your progress.
- 40 Days With Jesus Bible Reading – This is a great Bible reading plan for beginners (but not only for beginners). Get to know Jesus better with this focused study of His earthly life and ministry. It follows Him from birth through ascension. This includes verses and passages with Christ’s words, along with the Gospels’ narrative about Him.
- 30-Day NT Reading Plan – Every word in the Bible is important. (2 Timothy 3:16). However, the New Testament gives us Christ’s example and the pattern for His church. We should be reviewing it regularly. This daily Bible reading plan leads through all 27 books of the NT in one month.
- 90-Day NT Reading Plan – This 90-day printable reading plan proceeds at a slower pace. Use it to cover the New Testament in three months, or four times in a year.
- 1+1 Bible Reading Plan – Everybody should read the whole Bible. This reading plan journeys from cover to cover in one year. The daily Bible readings are comprised of two passages each (OT + NT).
- One Year Chronological Bible Reading Plan – Read the Bible in historical order–in the order that it all happened. Read the Bible in one year. You can do both, at the same time, with this one-year chronological Bible reading plan. It helps readers see the progression from one time and event to the next.
ENHANCE YOUR READING
- Christianbook (Bibles & Bible Commentaries) – These free Bible reading plans will lead you through the scriptures. Do you have a Bible to carry with you? Do you have a commentary to provide valuable insight? Browse Christianbook’s Bibles here, and Bible commentaries here.
IMPORTANCE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
Reading the Old Testament is as important today as it was thousands of years ago. It provides the entire background for the New Testament. Firstly, it tells us the story of creation and how sin entered the world. Secondly, it shows man’s sinfulness and need for a Savior. Thirdly, it demonstrates the Lord’s character, His providence over history, and His ever-present help in the lives of His people. Of course the OT is long, because it contains so many amazing things.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
Most people in America eat three times per day. Do you read your Bible daily? “Man does not live on bread alone…” (Deuteronomy 8:3, Matthew 4:4) If you’ve lost enthusiasm or direction in your daily scripture reading or want to try something new, download these free printable daily Bible reading plans.