STREAM FREE AUDIO BIBLES ONLINE
You read your Bible daily, right? Have you ever sat and listened to the Bible, though? Give it a shot. Listen to these streaming free audio Bibles online.
Daily Bible reading is very important (see our Bible Reading Plans). Yet, some people absorb information better when they hear it. Even if you don’t, listening to an audio Bible still engages an additional sense (hearing), which can benefit comprehension and retention.
If you like listening to audio Bibles online, browse our Audio Books too.
LISTEN TO FREE AUDIO BIBLES ONLINE
- Bible Gateway – Get access to the best selection of free audio Bibles online. Choose from dramatized and non-dramatized versions, and various narrators. We recommend the KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, or NIV. The free audio Bibles at Bible Gateway are available for online listening only. Download audio Bibles on our Free Bible Downloads page.
- Bible.is – Listen online to the KJV, ESV, NIV, and WEB audio Bibles. This link will take you to John 1:1 in the KJV dramatic reading. However, you can change to any book, chapter, or translation easily. Click on the “KJV” at the top left, and select your preferred audio Bible. Then click on the Bible icon to choose a book and chapter.
- LibriVox Audio Books – It will be a long time before LibriVox contributors produce complete audio recordings of any public domain Bible translations. However, they currently offer the entire Old Testament in audio from Young’s Literal Translation.
OTHER ONLINE SOURCES FOR AUDIO BIBLES
- Christianbook (Audio Bibles) – They’re our first stop for everything Christian. Of course they have all kinds of audio Bibles too. Browse CDs, sets, or MP3 downloads.
- Christian Audio – This company specializes in selling audio Bibles and Christian audio books. They operate on a membership model, which is probably best for avid readers and people who regularly buy books as gifts. See what they have to offer you.
THE BEST PART ABOUT AUDIO BIBLES
My favorite audio Bibles are dramatic readings, because they are more immersive. The vocal intimations and background noises add depth. Listening to them almost feels like I’m there on the boat with Noah, or in prison with Paul. At least I feel like a fly on the wall.
If you’ve listened to any of these free audio Bibles, then you know what I mean. They can help us imagine the setting more than just reading the words. And that can help us understand the context of the words better, even when we disagree with the reader’s tone.